Executive Board of Directors
President: Sonja Duncan
Vice President: Jamie Falco
Member At-Large: Bob Richardson
Immediate Past President: Bruce Schmidt
Director of Instruction (DOI) / Interpreter: Andy Gingras
Secretary-Treasurer: Joe Gonillo
Assignor-North: Frank Martel
Assignor-South: Gary Blodgett
VERMONT SOCCER OFFICIALS ASSOCIATION
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Note: These descriptions are based on the new By-Laws approved by the VSOA Membership August 9, 2014, amended by the Executive Board 11/4/14, and accepted practices not specifically covered in the By-Laws.
MEMBER AT LARGE
1. The Member at Large (MAL) serves on the VSOA Board of Directors as a full, voting member of the Board.
2. The MAL is elected by the members at the Annual Meeting.
3. The MAL serves a one-year term (until the next Annual Meeting).
4. Any vacancy of the MAL position that occurs during the one-year term shall be filled by the Board of Directors.
1. The Past President (PP) serves on the Board as a full, voting member of the Board.
2. The PP serves, in essence, four years on the Board: one as MAL, one as VP, one as President, and one as PP.
3. The PP serves a one-year term as the Chair of the Nominating Committee whose primary function is to nominate members to serve on the Board.
4. After serving one year as the PP, the PP exits the Board and becomes an ex-officio of the VSOA Board of Directors.
1. The Secretary serves on the Board as a full, voting member of the Board.
2. The Secretary is elected by the membership at the Annual Meeting to a one-year term until the next August meeting.
3. Oversees the grievance process.
4. Oversees the scholarship committee process.
5. Keeps an accurate VSOA roster with updated contact information.
6. Oversees new members process.
7. Holds and secures all VSOA archives and records and minutes.
8. Oversees censure/suspensions/expulsions/appeals process.
9. Updates VSOA website when needed.
10. With direction from the President, helps organize the Annual Meeting.
11. Sends out meeting agendas, established by the President and the Board no later than 7 days prior to any meeting.
12. Sends out meeting minutes, approved the Board, no later than 14 days after any meeting.
13. Establishes a group email list of all VSOA members so that information can be sent electronically.
14. Replies promptly and courteously to all enquiries.
15. Records annual meeting attendance and other requirements as mandated by the Board of Directors and notifies those who are in arrears.
16. Per the Bylaws this position shall be reimbursed for actual expenses incurred and receive a stipend determined annually by the Board of Directors.
17. Coordinate VSOA’s tax-free status with Vermont’s Secretary of State.
18. Assume such duties not cited above that are normally assumed by a Secretary.
1. The Treasurer serves on the Board as a full, voting member of the Board.
2. The Treasurer is elected by the membership at the annual meeting and a one-year term until the next August meeting.
3. Establishes VSOA checking account.
4. Collects and deposits all incoming VSOA checks.
5. Pays VSOA bills.
6. Keeps a record of all VSOA financial transactions and prepare a report for vote approval by VSOA members at the annual meeting.
7. Collects dues and notifies those in arrears.
8. Per the Bylaws this position shall be reimbursed for actual expenses incurred and receive a stipend determined annually by the Board of Directors.
9. Assumes such duties not cited above that are normally assumed by a Treasurer.
Note: The offices of Secretary and Treasurer may be held by one person per the By-Laws.
DOI - DIRECTOR OF INTRUCTION / RULES INTERPRETER
1. The DOI / Rules Interpreter serves on the Board as a full voting member of the Board.
2. The DOI / Rules Interpreter is elected annually by the members at the Annual Meeting and serves a one year term (until the next August Meeting).
3. Act as the liaison between the VSOA and the NFHS Soccer rules committee.
4. Be the final adjudicator on matters relating to rules and mechanics.
5. Lead the new rules presentation at the VSOA Annual Meeting.
6. Answer rules and mechanics questions that arise during the season.
7. Distribute points of emphasis and reminders as they arise during the season